Spardha – 2017 at Sehwag International School
Sehwag International School celebrated its fourth Annual sports Day
Chief Guest of the occasion – Mr. Virender Sehwag
Annual sports Day at Sehwag International School was celebrated as ‘Spardha 2017- Annual Sports Day’ with great splendour. The distinguished Chief Guest on this occasion was Mr.Virender Sehwag. After the inaugural ceremony, the Chief Guest hoisted the school flag followed by house inspection. March Past of the four houses and the lighting of the torch. After the oath taking ceremony, the Annual Sports Meet 2017 was declared open by the esteemed Chief Guest.
The students showcased a wide variety of cultural activities wherein students presented a mesmerising show. It was followed by athletic events and then ‘Fun Races’, which were organised for classes KG to 4. The audience were left awe-struck and they enjoyed the show spell bound. The students of classes 5 to 12 participated in 100 and 200 metre races, followed by relay races for all the three categories for classes 5 to 12. The audience cheered the athletes and appreciated the winners. The school choir stole the show with their enthralling performance to the tune of the welcome song. The students of aerobics team and the fusion dancers touched the heart strings of one and all with their scintillating performance, spelling out happiness to amaze the audience. A rising up song, emphasizing the sportsperson to win his events through dedication and hard work in the field of sports was also sung by the students of classes 2, 3 and 4.
A cricket match was organised for the parents who attended the function. It was well enjoyed by the parents. The Chief Guest awarded medals and trophies to the meritorious achievers/winners of different races and competitions.
Overall sports champions trophy was won by Green House.
Trophy for the best march past was won by Yellow House.
The Chief Guest also awarded the following students for their meritorious achievements at the national level.
- Anuranjani Ahlawat : Class IV has won a Gold Medal and a Silver Medal at the Under – 9 Indian Bow National Archery Championship held at Vijaywada
- Himanshu Huda : Class XI represented Team Haryana in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy , organized by BCCI for Under 19 Boys.
- Sumer singh : class XI , He is representing Jammu & Kashmir team for the BCCI , Vijay merchant Trophy , Under – 16 Boys.
- Rishab saika : Class VIII , a brilliant left arm spinner and is representing Assam for Vijay merchant trophy Under 16 boys
- Sankalp Girdhar : Class XI is representing Haryana cricket team for the Vijay merchant Trophy.
- Akshay Seron : Class X , a brilliant tennis player , who has won many titles , recently played Nationals at Odissa – Master Cup.
- Tarun Kumar Singh : Class XII , a Basketball player has represented team Haryana at the national Basketball Championship , held at Hyderabad.
- Prashant Kumar : Class X , a tennis Player , has played IATA under 16 and was champion .
- Arun Gulia : A tennis player , who has participated in Open senior national tournament .
Finally, the show came to an end with a ‘Vote of Thanks’ and encouraging words by Mr. Dhirender Singh, Principal of the school. The program concluded with the singing of the National Anthem and Flag lowering. Overall, an enthralling and grand performance was put up by the students on the Annual Sports Day.